Last week I flew to Portland, OR with my friend Devon for a quick visit. I am no stranger to Portland, I usually visit friends and family up there every other year. Before planning this trip I was chatting with Devon on day and she mentioned that of of the things on her 30 before 30 list was to visit Portland. Why not slice two carrots with one knife and plan a trip for both of us to visit the city of roses.
- Highlights from the trip were (pics above):
- Going to Flavour Spot and eating Dutch Tacos
- Getting a serious sugar rush after visiting Saint Cupcake
- Doing beer flights with my brother at Deschutes Brewery
- Hitting up Voodoo Doughnuts and getting a vegan Portland cream doughnut
- Finding my dream bike! Complete with grandma seat, wood basket (wood cupholder too), and mint green paint!
- Other fun things to do in Portland:
- McMenamins Kennedy School – This converted school has been transformed into a must see spot in Portland! The Kennedy School has several bars (detention and honors bar), a movie theater, a soaking pool, and a restaurant.
- Ground Kontrol – How could you not love a place that is both a classic arcade and a bar!
- The Bye and Bye – Amazing food, awesome drinks, adorable bartenders, good atmosphere! My favorite place to hang out in Portland.
- Powell’s Books – The biggest and BEST book store in the USA!